Tuesday 14 October 2008

1.A history of computer games P1

The first ever known game was created in 1947 by a couple of men called Thomas T. Goldsmith Jr. and Estel Ray Mann. They created a missile simulator which was inspired by a World war II radar and they did this on a Cathode ray tube. What the cathode ray tube did was to produce images that used the light emitted from the fluorescent screen. The image was represented in the form of an electrical waveform, television pictures and radar targets. Thomas was a vice president and was apart of the radio manufacturers association committee on cathode ray tubes and won an award for it too.
I find it fascinating that something like this was created so early before Bill Gates created the computer.

The first computer game can think of that i played was probably 'Super Mario brothers' on the Nintendo 64. I didn't enjoy it much because i was afraid of losing and it wasn't my kind of game play.
The most recent one I've played was Hotel Dusk: Room 215. It was my second time playing it since my 19Th birthday.
I don't know why i continued to play games because at the time i wasn't much of a gaming person. I was extremely picky with what i wanted to play and what i wanted to try. But later on i began to learn that there were different ways of game play. I soon discovered that i didn't like strategy games as much because although i liked the game play i didn't like it when it came to fighting monsters. Then there was turn based which i found a whole lot more easier and i had time to plan my strategy, but downside is that the games began to get boring after a while.

No comments: